No one WANTS to replace major equipment in their home like an AC system sooner than they need to. And given the choice, it usually makes sense to spend a few hundred bucks repairing something if it gets you a few extra years.
But if you’ve been in that pattern for awhile, it’s probably time to take a hard look at whether or not it makes more sense to replace your AC unit rather than keep repairing it.
Here’s an 8 point checklist that will help you decide if you should replace your A/C or not:
- Are your utility costs higher than you think they should be?
- Are there areas of your home that don’t heat or cool evenly?
- Does anyone in your home suffer from allergies?
- Is your home more humid in the summer than you would like?
- Does your air conditioning system run too loudly or all the time?
- How often does your A/C system need repairs?
- Is your A/C & heating system older than 10 years?
- Have you recently added a room or renovated your home?
If your A/C flunks most of the items on this checklist, it’s probably time to start thinking about a replacement, because a new A/C unit from Trane will be:
- Energy efficient – saving you BIG money on your power bills
- Warrantied for service & parts for a full year
If you’d like to find out more, please schedule a free consultation with a member of our team!